Safeguarding Policy Statement
Every Day’s a School Day’s Ready Teddy Go sessions are designed to support children and parents with the transition to Primary school. The sessions are designed to prepare children (and parents/guardians) by providing them with the necessary tools to feel confident and excited for their first steps on the educational ladder. Ready Teddy Go will combine pre-recorded videos alongside supporting documents and a web-based chat forum where attendees will have the opportunity to meet others that are beginning the same journey. A community based social media page will be used throughout the programme to answer any questions and to provide real time support.
- EveryDay’s a School Day acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and the Department of Education (DfE) requirements.
- The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children
- have a positive and enjoyable experience during Ready Teddy Go sessions and do so in a safe and child centred environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in each session or outside of the activity.
- As part of our safeguardingpolicy Every Day’s a School Day will
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- Request that participants take every care to ensure that only appropriate content is discussed and or seen during live web–based sessions.
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
- The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in EveryDay’s a School Day. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
- The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board
- as a result of any other significant change or event.